2 min read December 31, 2018 at 4:38am
Most people who have traveled to South America agree that Guatemalan recipes have such authentic yet delicious dishes. The culture of Maya tribe that's amalgamating with tradition of Spanish culture makes the cuisine taste more complex and flavorsome if compared with other Latin countries.
However, in case you are looking for more authentic taste on the recipes, you ought to think about this quick and easy Guatemalan recipe of Lorocco cream sauce on boneless chicken.
- 2 tablespoon of olive oil
- 2 small cup of cream
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- 3 lbs of boneless chicken (if not available you can adjust with the boned one.
- 2 diced tomatoes
- 2 medium diced cloves
- 1 medium sliced garlic
- For seasoning, consider using pepper and salt
- 2 small cups of lorocco
- Leaves of cilantro (optional, intended for garnish only)
- To cook Guatemalan recipes, you need to prepare a medium pan and add water to it. After that, place the chicken there. Make sure the chicken is perfectly covered up with the water. For seasoning, add salt.
- Let the chicken cooked for about fifteen minutes. When it is well cooked, spread cilantro on to it. Let cilantro cooked for about 5 minutes. When it has finished, remove chicken to another pot along with the sauce.
- In the same pot, add 2 tablespoon of olive oil. Then, sliced onion is on the line. Let them cooked till it is lucent. Adding garlic is the next step before adding tomatoes. Let them cooked for about one minute.
- Move the cooked chicken to the earlier pan. Leave the sauce behind, together with vegetables, cook for about 5 minutes.
- Leave the cilantro bunch and put in the reserved gravy. Afterward, let it well cooked for 6 minutes. Put the cream in; make sure you have lowered the head, so it is completely simmered gradually.
- Season over again with pepper and salt. Mix them well. It is important to ensure that the mixture is not stew.
- Put two small cups of lorroco in and allow it cook for 5 minutes.
- For more appetizing, include garnish by making use the leaves of cilantro.
Ensure to put fresh lorroco to cook this dish. The freshness of lorroco will surely influence the taste anyway. The use of tomatoes is actually optional in case you want more creamy Guatemalan recipes color.