2 min read December 26, 2018 at 4:34am
Mexican foods are great and chilaquiles recipe can be good menu to try. This menu will combine tortillas and eggs with special taste of sauce. It is great to choose for all conditions. Even, the recipe can become good choice for your breakfast. If you are interested to try it, you will get complete information of ingredients with the cooking instruction below.
- 4 large eggs
- 16 corn tortillas
- For the cheese, you can prepare ¼ cup of crumbled cotija cheese. If it is hard to find, queso fresco or feta cheese can be chosen.
- 1 cup of red enchilada sauce
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
- 2 tablespoons of radishes, sliced
- 2 tablespoons of red onions, diced
- 2 tablespoons of cilantro, chopped
- Prepare all ingredients based on the list above.
- Preheat oven to reach 400 F.
- Use cooking spray of olive oil on the baking sheets, so the ingredients can be removed easily.
- With those tortillas, make big stacks of them. if one is too big, you can make it into two stacks and then cut them.
- You will get wedges of tortillas and these are spread on the baking sheets. You can spray the olive oil again on the top of it.
- Bake them for around 15 minutes. This duration can be longer or shorter based on the level of tortillas thickness. When the process is done, tortillas will be golden brown.
- Leave the tortilla and heat olive oil on frying pan. Use medium heat. This will be used to fry the eggs. If it is possible, make eggs with runny yolks. After the eggs are fried, move them.
- On the same frying pan, use medium heat to cook the enchilada sauce.
- Then, the last part is to mix the chips of tortillas with sauce and eggs. The other cheese and ingredients can be used as garnish.
- Now, serve your easy red chilaquiles.
By following the whole steps and ingredients, you will get the great reference of chilaquiles recipe. This is not complicated menu that requires special skill in cooking. You can do this easily and it will not take too much time for cooking process.
For choice of tortilla, it is recommended to use homemade tortillas. This option can provide better and stronger taste of corns and other seasonings, so you can get the great results of chilaquiles recipe.